Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Week 40

Wow! I can't believe it is October already. I love it. The air is beautiful, cleaner. I'm looking forward to lots of nights of hot cocoa and snuggling. And, strangely, I have more great tv shows to watch than ever. We were finally persuaded to succumb to Showtime's advances after the last free preview weekend. Dexter, Weeds and Californication are all very good. Plus The Office, Friday Night Lights, Project Runway, and, yes, even America's Next Top Model seems to be good again. I love it.

Menu Planning:

Monday: Indian Night- Chicken Curry, Saffron Rice, & Naan. The curry was not totally successful. I tried to add potatoes but didn't parboil them enough first. They were wholly inedible. Also think chicken thighs are better suited to this recipe. The naan was heavenly. We cooked it in the top third of the oven and it made a huge difference.

Sometime: Lemon Pepper Pasta w/ Capers

Sides: guacamole (made)
tzatziki (made) w/ pita chips
mango salsa
popcorn chickpeas w/ rosemary
sugar snap peas w/ avocado?
roasted potatoes w/ truffle oil

Need to use: green onions, cilantro, mint, fresh rosemary, mango, 4 sausages, 2 chicken breasts

No comments: